Expert research and doctoral studies help us to document and trace the origins of some works. We know that this painting by Ignasi Maillol, before being acquired by Crèdit Andorrà, belonged to two large and important collections: the Plandiura collection and the Rivière collection. We can confirm this thanks to a note on the back of a photograph preserved in the Francesc Serra Dimas – Barcelona Photographic Archive collection, which states “Col·lecció Lluís Plandiura – núm. 582 del seu catàleg [Lluís Plandiura Collection – catalogue number 582]. In the Rivière Collection, is was catalogue number 250, included in the year 1948.